Cardiff City Transport Services Limited (Cardiff Bus) is a private company limited by shares and is wholly owned by Cardiff Council. Constituted as a municipal (Public Transport) company within the meaning of Section 72 of the Transport Act 1985, the main purpose of the Company is to carry out the business of a public transport company. Its turnover is £32 million, it has 700 employees and a fleet of 220 vehicles making c.22m passenger journeys per annum. Over the course of the next 5 years, the company is focusing on continually improving its financial standing, business processes, customer engagement, and the development of its workforce.
The current Managing Director is standing down in Autumn 2019. As such, the Company is seeking to appoint an experienced and ambitious successor to lead it during a crucial period of transformation.
- A visionary leader, you will develop in conjunction with the board, future strategies for the business; driving business and cultural change, promoting continuous improvement, and the principles of partnership working and Investors in People. You work closely with the board updating on all aspects of the business strategy, seeking approval for any strategic business or management changes, while mentoring and motivating all member of the executive team.
- You will be responsible for the profitability and financial viability of the company achieving financial objectives and results, whilst delivering customer satisfaction agreed levels of service and growth and you will ensure governance and statutory compliance by providing appropriate systems and processes within the organisation, ensuring conformance and performance is at the heart of the operation.
- You will ensure that the current service network is regularly reviewed and is delivering reliability, punctuality and frequency in the most cost-effective and customer-focused way.
- You will have previous experience of working at director-level with demonstrable practice of budget accountability in excess of £20 million with experience, knowledge and awareness of all aspects of corporate governance and legal compliance in relation to holding a director-level post, and experience of developing and delivering financial growth, strategy formulation and business planning at board-level.
- You will have achieved proven success in leading business transformation and continuous improvement within a unionised work environment and have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to manage complex relationships between external and internal stakeholders; local and national government and union partners. You will also have experience and knowledge of health and safety and environmental standards.
- You will be able to demonstrate high levels of competence in short, medium and long-term strategic planning and will be able to conceive, develop, deploy and achieve demanding strategic, vision and mission objectives that will deliver a first-class business service to the employees, stakeholders and the wider community.
For an informal discussion please contact Siân Goodson or Sam Smith at Goodson Thomas on 029 2167 4422.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (noting GT_0196_CardiffBus in the subject line) and attach a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
The closing date for applications is midday on Wednesday, 21st August.
All applications will be acknowledged.