Public Health Wales NHS Trust
c.4 days per month
Public Health Wales is the National Public Health Institute in Wales. Its vision is Working to achieve a healthier future for Wales and, in delivering this vision, it plays a pivotal role in driving improvements in population health and wellbeing, reducing health inequalities, improving healthcare outcomes, protecting the public and supporting the development of health in all policies across Wales.
The organisation works closely with communities, NHS organisations, local authorities, ministers and officials and a wide range of partners including the voluntary sector, housing, education and the police and criminal justice system. It also has an increasing role in supporting public health internationally as a World Health Organization Collaborating Centre and through its many relationships with international partners including the International Association of National Public Health Institutes.
Public Health Wales is also an NHS Trust and is seeking to appoint a new Independent Member to its Board. This is an exciting time for the organisation as it sets about implementing a new long-term strategy, this is a significant opportunity to use your skills and experience to make a contribution to its vision: Working to achieve a healthier future for Wales.
Knowledge & Experience
- You will have an appreciation and broad understanding of public and population health issues in Wales, and on a comparative basis
- You will have built a reputation for successfully innovating and pushing boundaries within a consumer-focused environment
- With a demonstrable track record of contributing effectively at Board level; either in an executive or non-executive space, you will be a strong communicator and accomplished relationship-builder. You will be able to skilfully scrutinise the executive to ensure the organisation strives for, and maintains high performance across the breadth of its remit
- Experienced in analysing complex information and contributing to sound evidence-based and informed decision-making, you will understand the role and work of the organisation and ensure the Board is central to holding the organisation to account for the delivery of its services
- You will have commercial awareness and possess an entrepreneurial mindset, and will have repeatedly innovated to generate new thinking, services or products, specifically to engage, persuade or influence prospective consumers
- You will be cognisant of the principles of good governance and a strong corporate team player, you will have the ability to disrupt and challenge conventional thinking in a manner that stimulates positive discussions and decision making
- You will have ideally served in a non-executive or trustee role and will be able to commit the required time and energy to serve as an effective Board member and ambassador of Public Health Wales
The closing date for this opportunity has now passed.