Head of Operations
Established 15 years ago, multi award- winning company, DVS is a celebrated fast-growth technology business. A c.£42M t/o business of c.78 employees, it is today the largest independent business of its kind in the UK and enjoys a prominent market position as one of Europe's most successful distributors of electronic surveillance products. Committed to maintaining the highest standards of customer service and delivery, it is seeking a Head of Operations.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Operations will provide strong, dynamic leadership, responsibility and accountability for the management and delivery of the business’ services across its Workshop and Warehouse functions; in line with industry best practice.
- As a member of DVS’s Senior Management Team, you will contribute to the leadership of the organisation, working collaboratively across all departments to ensure growth plans and company objectives are met
- You will be data-savvy, creating a performance dashboard for the business, review existing KPIs and introduce new, innovative and effective models to aid the functions, and the wider business, in monitoring performance against target and identify improvements and efficiencies.
- Identifying, driving and managing necessary change, in the spirit of continuous improvement, is a key aspect of the role. This will include oversight, delivery and strategic management of each function, resources and people, and proactively driving customer satisfaction, growth and profitability.
- You will generate real-time reports on business performance and provide reports to the Company directors and management team; providing detailed analysis on business performance in all its areas of delivery.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Ownership and accountability for the performance of service from the impact of sales pressures into the Workshop and Warehouse.
- Proactively manage and increase customer satisfaction, through more efficient operational processes.
- Ownership of ensuring effective relationships are implemented and maintained with internal delivery teams and 3rd party suppliers/partners.
- Owning and providing delivery assurance across the service lifecycle.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of technical concepts relating to process and service improvements.
- Ability to design and implement processes and systems that are bespoke for DVS.
- Line and functional management, including management of team well-being of a team of c.20 people.
- Workforce development and management, including forecasting, resource planning, resourcing and recruitment.
- Professional development for personnel within scope of the function.
- To provide the business with proposals for improvement and business cases for any investment(s) required to boost and/or rectify specific performance areas.
- Drive and maintain relationships and engagement with key suppliers/logistics partners.
- To develop operational processes to reflect industry-best practice, and work with your teams to implement these across DVS.
- To maintain high standards of quality and instil a high-performance culture through effective management of your functions.
- To provide a single point of contact and escalation for service management.
- Ensure policies and plans are updated and fit for purpose across the business in relation to H&S, Ethics, Bribery, Slavery etc.
- Maintenance of the building and managing contracts in relation to this.
- Working closely with the business’ Financial Controller, overall financial management of service function, includes creation, understanding, management and evolution of cost base and associated recovery of charges.
- Income, cost and profitability management and forecasting for services, including for budgetary use.
- Continuously strive for efficiencies across the functions.
- Ensure accuracy of stock, ensuring perpetual counts are completed and take the lead on the annual stock count at year end.
Outputs and Deliverables
- Regular production and presentation of management and monthly executive reports with analysis, insight and solutions/actions.
- Owns and develops service KPIs and improvement measures; driving efficiency and performance.
- Owns and develops processes associated with the service functions.
- Maintain and improve service delivery and customer satisfaction levels.
- A consummate professional and customer service champion, you will be experienced in managing multiple projects, leading diverse teams, and will have secured tangible and impressive rates of improvements to company systems and processes.
- A natural change agent with an appetite to drive continuous improvement through collaborating with others, you will have played an instrumental role in forming KPIs, monitoring performance against target, and developing appropriate actions plans.
- You will be an energetic, hands-on, industrious, people-oriented individual with a can-do attitude; highly respected as someone who will inspire performance at individual, team and company-wide levels.
- Ideally, you will be Six Sigma certified; skilled in the design and management of processes and systems to drive continuous improvement as well as possessing strong project management and analytical skills.
We give a damn
We give a damn about the company, each other, our customers, our suppliers and our working environment.
We do it right
We’ll listen to what you want, we’ll do what we say we’d do and we’ll aim to get it right first time as well as continuing to innovate and improve.
We do it together
We work with our teammates, other departments customers and suppliers to deliver what’s required.
For an informal discussion, please contact the Goodson Thomas team via email@example.com or 02921 674 422. To apply, please visit goodsonthomas.com/vacancies noting 0297-GT-DVS in the subject line, and attach a copy of your CV.
All applications will be acknowledged.