Harding Evans is a long-established law firm ranked among the top 10 legal firms in Wales. Currently with a team of c.110 people including 14 Partners, the firm enjoys a proud history that has helped shape its culture and ambitions. With a strong reputation for providing transparent career progression opportunities for its people, the firm commits to providing high quality services to its clients; building a loyal client base and growing its reach through its growth plans.
A newly created role, the Head of HR will effectively manage and oversee the firm’s HR function to ensure that the team contributes to the commercial success of the business and that the firm maintains its position as an award-winning firm that continually invests in its people. Technically and interpersonally strong with proven ability to inspire others and drive continuous improvement, the Head of HR will play a key role in supporting the Director of Finance & Operations and Chief Executive Officer in support of the firm’s achievement of both its strategic and operational objectives.
- Provide support to the Senior Management Team (SMT) in the design, implementation and roll-out of a succession planning model which includes planning owner retirements and new entrants, and working capital investment/profit shares
- Lead the design and implementation of a Learning and Development programme to further the firm’s work to engender a progressive and learning-focused culture
- As part of the Project Team responsible for the introduction and roll-out of new computer software across the business, you will take responsibility for ensuring that training programmes are well designed and effectively delivered to ensure the business can maximise returns on a significant investment
- As part of the internal Acquisitions Project Team (APT), you will provide expert HR guidance on TUPE matters, people plans, team structures and change management issues, as and when acquisition opportunities are identified and pursued
- Review the firm’s current HR offering and make recommendations to SMT on future structure and resourcing with a view to achieving medium and long business objectives
- Work with SMT and Department Heads to produce a firm-wide People Plan that supports the firm’s 3-year rolling financial forecasts
- Review the firm’s current recruitment, induction and performance management processes and make recommendations and implement changes to ensure best practice is adopted across the business
- Undertake an internal audit of all HR policies and procedures to include risk management review to ensure compliance with legislation/best practice and an assessment of the effectiveness of implementation/adherence internally and make recommendations to SMT
- Assess the effectiveness of internal service delivery by support staff across the business and review the current departmental structures and make recommendations for improving performance
- Qualified CIPD member
- Proven HR generalist experience on both strategic and operational level preferably within a service sector business
- Experience of managing TUPE
- Strong understanding of employment law
- Credibility and gravitas to work effectively with senior individuals
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively prioritise the work of the HR Team
- Experience of delivering effective HR management systems
- Commercial acumen and understanding and an ability to represent the HR function as part of the bigger business picture
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and persuasion skills
- Excellent planning and project management skills and experience
- Experience of managing a team, ensuring the provision of an effective HR service to the firm across all its operations.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategies to support a diverse and inclusive working culture
- Good IT skills and experience of using a range of windows-based systems
The deadline for this opportunity has now passed, but please contact the office on 02921 674 422 for further information.