Part of the £19.5m t/o group, Gwindy 2012 Ltd, JR Industries was founded in 1970 and is Europe’s principal manufacturer of vehicle roller shutter doors and lightweight bulkheads for the commercial vehicle industry. Employing a workforce of 116 people, the Company’s range of products include insulated shutters, aluminium dry freight shutters, plywood dry freight shutters, lightweight range, flexible bulkheads and flush fit doors. The UK headquarters operate from a 65,000 sq ft factory in Caerphilly, South Wales (100 employees). The company has two subsidiaries, JR Industries Sarl occupying a 10,000 sq ft unit near Reims, France (11 employees) and J R Industries GmbH which operates from a similar size unit north of Bielefeld, Germany (5 employees). The Company is in the process of creating a new senior management team and is seeking to appoint a Group Finance Director to help it build upon its growth, productivity and profitability. This role will replace the incumbent Finance Director who will be assuming the role of Group Chairman.
- Reporting to the shareholder directors, and leading the finance team, you will be responsible for directing the finance, HR, administration, IT functions and be able to advise and assist the management team to improve company performance.
- With a focus on continuous improvement, you will engage with stakeholders and professional advisers to the business. You will lead on projects to help build efficiencies for the business; proactively identifying ways in which the business' systems can be enhanced to improve or streamline business performance and reporting.
- You will devise ways to use financial and other information available to improve Group performance and work collegiately across the business to further enhance the Group’s customer-orientated culture.
- Ideally a qualified accountant, you will be a senior finance professional with proven experience of working and contributing at Board level in a B2B environment and will have built a track record of working effectively alongside a CEO/GM/MD as a trusted advisor.
- With an appetite to improve systems throughout the Group through collaborating with others, you will have played an instrumental role in monitoring performance against targets, and developing appropriate action plans.
- Intelligent, analytical and solutions-oriented, you will possess the capacity to think strategically and will have repeatedly solved complex problems with clear ability to demonstrate sound judgement and decision making.
- You will be an energetic, industrious, people-oriented individual with a can-do attitude; highly respected as someone who will inspire performance at individual, team and company-wide levels.
For an informal discussion and a copy of the candidate brief, please contact Sam Smith email@example.com / 029 2167 4422.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org noting 00163_GT_JR_GroupFinanceDirector in the subject line, and attach a copy of your CV.
All applications will be acknowledged.