Cardiff City Transport Services Limited (Cardiff Bus) is a private company limited by shares and is wholly owned by Cardiff Council. Constituted as a municipal (Public Transport) company within the meaning of Section 72 of the Transport Act 1985, the main purpose of the Company is to carry out the business of a public transport company. Its turnover is £32 million, it has 700 employees and a fleet of 230 vehicles making c.22m passenger journeys per annum. Over the course of the next 5 years, the company is focusing on continually improving its financial standing, business processes, customer engagement, and the development of its workforce.
The Company is seeking to appoint an experienced strong, innovative and transformational finance leader to join its Senior Leadership Team as Finance Director.
- Reporting to the MD, you will have overall management of the Finance function, operate as a key business partner and member of the Senior Leadership Team, including acting as the Company Secretary. You will hold responsibility for financial planning, budgeting, estimates and supporting the strategic direction of the Company’s short, medium and long-term strategy and maintain oversight of the Company’s pension scheme.
- A transformational leader, you will develop, implement and monitor the financial strategy for the organisation, ensuring financial resilience and ensure sound financial systems and procedures are in place and effective financial control, assets are safeguarded, and risk is managed.
- You will support the Company in its strategic commercial negotiations with customers and suppliers while developing and understanding funding requirements with internal/external stakeholders and support the wider business by evaluating business proposals with a view to drive financial and operational performance/change; ensuring corrective measures are in place to maximise returns and minimising risk.
- Ideally a qualified accountant, you will be a senior finance professional with proven experience of working and contributing at a senior level within a customer-facing environment and will have built a track record of supporting and developing new revenue streams and consumer initiatives. You will also possess knowledge of pension schemes and will be experienced in working with Pension Scheme Trustees.
- You will have achieved proven success in leading business transformation and continuous improvement and have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to manage complex relationships between internal and external stakeholders. You will also have experience and knowledge of the duties of a company secretary.
- You will be a strong, collaborative leader who can make decisions efficiently and effectively whilst communicating both internally/externally with the ability to work in a fast moving, ever changing, operational environment.
For an informal discussion, please contact the Goodson Thomas team on 029 2167 4422.
All applications will be acknowledged.
Deadline Midday, Monday 20 July 2020