Director of Digital Services
Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust (WAST)
£103,020 - £107,141
Cwmbran, South Wales
The Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust (WAST) has undergone significant transformation over the last 4 years and is today celebrated as one of the most innovative of its kind internationally.
WAST employs approximately 3,500 people and provides services to c.3 million people across Wales; covering an area of c.8,000 square miles. With a budget of c.£174 million, a fleet of over 700 vehicles and over 100 buildings, the organisation’s services are focused on unscheduled care, planned non-emergency patient transport and telephone & online advice.
As it challenges itself to continue to build on performance, WAST is seeking a dynamic, forward thinking and inspiring Director of Digital Services to shape, implement and deliver an ambitious and transformative digital services strategy required to underpin future delivery of excellent patient care, clinically safe services and improved staff experience across Wales.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will develop a clear vision for the development of the Trust’s digital services capabilities and strategy, aligned to support delivery of the long term strategic ambitions and medium term business transformation plans.
- You will identify the business priorities for the development of technology, ensuring digitally driven solutions and services that are fully supported by contemporary ICT architecture and resilient, safe systems and deliver innovative digital services solutions that are cost effective, represent value for money to the NHS and which can be benchmarked against other providers.
- Leading and enhancing the role and function of the Health Informatics team, you will ensure the provision of high quality management information and data to inform business decisions, drive efficiencies and improve services to patients.
- You will play a key system leadership role, developing effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders including the Chief Ambulance Services Commissioner and Welsh Government Officials, whilst also maintaining strong and effective relationships with Trade Union Partners and stakeholders across Public Services, Health and Social Care, and building mutually productive partnerships and networks with other business, industry and service providers.
- A senior leader with experience of operating within large, complex environment ideally in an emergency or health service setting, you will be familiar with the demands and nuances of leading and managing change in an evolving digital landscape.
- You will have a strong technical background, well versed in Information Architecture (IA), system design and system improvement, and have a track record of delivering improvements through the creation and implementation of future-proof strategic transformation plans.
- A future focussed, strategic and influential system leader, you will have demonstrable experience of the ability to apply strong analytical and critical reasoning skills and effective problem solving in complex situations. With capacity to think strategically and take a ‘whole systems’ approach, you will be an active contributor to the organisation’s strategic plans and provide a clear and compelling vision for the Trust’s digital strategy, including ICT service provision and architecture and health informatics.
- Politically astute and with effective personal influencing and negotiating skills to achieve agreement with partners and key contributors and professional credibility to act as an ambassador for the Trust in a number of settings.
For an informal discussion and a copy of the Candidate Brief, please contact Siân Goodson or Sam Smith at Goodson Thomas: 029 2167 4422.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org noting GT_0156_WAST in the subject line and attach a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday, 2nd October 2019.
All applications will be acknowledged.