Director of Communications
Transport for Wales Rail Services
Competitive salary + bonus + final salary pension
Transport for Wales Rail Services (TfWRS) is the Operator and Development Partner (ODP) of Transport for Wales (TfW), with whom it is working in partnership to deliver on Welsh Government’s vision for the people of Wales. Excellent communications will play a key part in achieving the business’ mission to become the ‘Best Railway in the UK in 2 Years’. Pivotal to achieving this is to secure a strong, experienced and inspirational Director of Communications to drive forward its communications strategy.
- Reporting to the Director of People and Engagement and leading a team of 6, you will take ownership of the production and delivery of the Communications Strategy, driving content creation and management across key business communication platforms. Owning the internal brand and employee journey, you will take responsibility for all internal communications, manage reputation, champion engagement, influence behaviour and create a sense of colleague excitement and belonging across the network.
- A skilled influencer of senior leaders and external parties, you will be a key advisor to the Executive team, providing guidance on all communications and messaging activity undertaken by the leadership team and wider business. You will proactively advise the leadership and senior management teams on communications and IR issues that present business risk and/or unfavourable exposure.
- You will work collaboratively with TfW to maintain positive engagement and management of messaging in line with business needs. This includes the sourcing of information for use in response to incoming media enquiries and the generation of proactive opportunities that build customer and political trust and confidence.
- A strong, reputable and highly credible communications professional who has built significant experience of leading high-profile and successful communications strategies, you will be driven with proven ability to inspire and empower others to achieve consistent levels of high performance.
- A natural communicator with clear and convincing presentation and influencing skills, you will have repeatedly developed strong working relationships with key political and media influencers and be well versed in presenting to, and influencing at Board level.
- Possessing attributes to include energy, patience, resilience and flexibility, you will be someone who maintains attention to detail and high levels of accuracy. You will be skilled at working at pace and within a complex environment; possessing a sharp eye for recognising reputational risk, and devise mitigation strategies to manage these. A natural leader, you will coach and guide the Executive team on communications matters and key messaging.
The closing date for this opportunity has now passed but for an informal discussion please contact Sian Goodson, Juliet Jukes or Sam Smith on 029 2167 4422.