Sully (near Cardiff)
An exciting opportunity to lead the most recognised charity in Wales
One of Wales’ most prominent charities, Tŷ Hafan provides comfort, care and support to life-limited children and their families throughout Wales. Celebrating 21 years of providing high quality holistic care, the Charity is now looking to appoint a new Chief Executive as a successor to Rob Jones, who will be leaving after three years of successfully leading the Charity.
Located in Sully, 5 miles from Cardiff and employing a workforce of c.240, Tŷ Hafan is actively reviewing its operating models in both care services and income generation in a bid to further innovate and develop its strategy.
The new Chief Executive will lead the organisation through an exciting period of transformation and change and will have the opportunity to continue developing a highly recognised charity with a world-class reputation and boundless empathy within Wales.
- Reporting to the Chairman and the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to ensure effective and innovative provision of specialist paediatric palliative care services and to ensure sustainable levels of income generation to provide this care, whilst containing costs in the context of a challenging economic climate.
- Providing visible leadership for the organisation, imparting a common sense of purpose, clearly communicating the organisation’s strategic goals, objectives and achievements against key milestones and fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence in delivery of care and in the execution of all activities that underpin the Charity.
- Skilled at developing a strong and effective organisation, the Chief Executive will also play a leading role in developing partnerships with a breadth of existing and new stakeholders and partners to help further the Charity’s plans and ambitions for the provision of specialist care services and the development of sustainable income sources. The role will demand a high external profile and ambassadorial role.
- As an experienced Chief Executive, you will have proven experience of successfully leading an organisation of a similar or larger size and will have built significant experience in successful strategic development and business planning in an ever changing environment. An accomplished track record and proactive aptitude are key requirements.
- Experienced in building and maintaining effective relationships at a strategic level with high level networks, partnerships and stakeholder relationships, you will be a naturally strategic thinker who is decisive, resilient and skilled at inspiring others. You will also possess high levels of integrity, emotional intelligence and be driven to succeed with proven experience of improving employee engagement and driving a people focused culture.
- Demonstrable high levels of business acumen and commercial awareness, with strong ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a trustee board; you will be an excellent influencer and negotiator with sound political awareness and ideally hold knowledge of the constitutional, legal and regulatory requirements of a charity.
For an informal discussion, please contact the Goodson Thomas team on 029 2167 4422. To make an application, click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV and cover letter noting 0239_GT_TH in your application.
All applications will be acknowledged.