Respiratory Innovation Wales
Six figure salary
Established in September 2018, Respiratory Innovation Wales (RIW) is a not-for-profit company, limited by guarantee whose vision is to be a world-leading gateway for respiratory innovation, and its mission is to Collaborate to Innovate; bringing together the NHS, academia and industry to accelerate and translate respiratory innovation. In its role as conduit, RIW facilitates clinical and translational research, supports scientists, clinicians and commercial entities to accelerate the ‘bench-to-bedside’ process for respiratory diseases with the ambition of increasing national income and international reputation. RIW further considers itself a significant channel that connects the marketplace with the health and social care ecosystem.
The Company is seeking to appoint an experienced and entrepreneurial leader to the role of CEO.
- The CEO will work with the Chair and the Board to shape and drive the Company’s vision and strategic direction. The appointee will lead the overall operation and business activities of the Company, providing inspirational leadership and holding to account the management team to ensure high performance and the achievement of objectives and income targets.
- In driving the organisation forward, and bringing together the NHS, academia and industry to accelerate and translate respiratory innovation, the CEO will engage effectively with NHS, Pharma, SMEs, Welsh Government and other stakeholders in the life science economy. The appointee will provide high level strategic leadership and management with a focus on innovation that will drive and promote approaches to respiratory disease prevention and treatment nationally.
- The CEO will model and set the Company’s culture, values, and behaviour, and ensure adherence to governance arrangements to maintain the Company’s legality and business ethics. The appointee will also oversee financial performance and the identification and management of risks.
- With a track record achievement as a Senior Executive within the NHS or wider healthcare/ life sciences space, the appointee will possess an entrepreneurial mindset and outstanding organisational and leadership skills.
- Possessing strong business / commercial acumen and experience, coupled with strong influencing skills and experience in contract negotiations, the appointee will be well versed in budgetary management and will have gained considerable success in achieving income/sales targets.
- A natural and skilled collaborator, the appointee will be highly effective at forming and maintaining excellent stakeholder relationships and will be experienced in facilitating/chairing multi-disciplinary/organisational meetings, boards and advisory panels.
For an exploratory conversation and a copy of the Candidate Brief, please contact the Goodson Thomas team on 02921 674 422. To apply, visit www.goodsonthomas.com/vacancies, noting 0266-GT-RIW in your application, and attach a copy of your CV and cover letter.
All applications will be acknowledged.
Deadline for applications: 12 noon, 29th April 2021
Final interview: w/c 17th May 2021